What is Proxy for Beginners?
You all must be Internet addicted, and you might be suffering a lot’s of websites every day. But ever wondered that your information such as Location, Device can be easily tracked with the help of your Proxy address. A proxy basically allows you to surf the Internet anonymously. It’s a bit similar to VPN’s which also let you browse the Internet anonymously. When you use any Proxy server, then your original information is not sent to the server in spite of that information of the Proxy server is sent to the server. Hence the server will not be able to locate you or access your information.
Proxy servers can be used for legal and illegal both purposes. Legally it is used to facilitate the security and for anonymous web surfing. You can access to Proxy servers online, there are many proxy servers available on the Internet, and you can use any of them to surf web anonymously.
There are several types of proxies, and you can use any of them as per your needs. For example, Anonymous Proxies hide the IP address of the user, DNS Proxies forward DNS request to LAN. So there are much more types of proxies available on the Internet.
The proxy works as the intermediate between two parties the client and the server. Whenever the user connects to the proxy server and creates a request to the resources, then the proxy server forwards that to request to the target server on behalf of the user. There are many websites such as TubeMate for PC which you want to surf anonymously, and that can be done with the help of any Proxy Server.
How to Use Proxy Server?
So here we are going to explain that how can you use a Proxy server to hide your identity while surfing the Web. To connect a proxy server you just need to visit any proxy website and then enter the web address which you want to access rest work will be done by the Proxy Server.
- If you are using Mozilla Firefox then go to Tools > Options > Advanced > Settings > Manual proxy configuration.
- If you using Google Chrome then go to Options > Under the hood > Network > Change proxy settings > LAN settings > Use a proxy server > Advanced > HTTP.
- If you are using Internet Explorer then go to Tools > Internet options > Connections > LAN settings > Use a proxy server > Advanced > HTTP.
- Now there enter your Proxy server’s IP address, and the Port Number then save it.
- Start surfing the web and the information to the target server will be sent of your proxy server.